First time on skis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
No worries, it isn't the first time for me. But to my daughter (Alva, 1year and 10 months) this was the first day ever with skis on her feet. :D

As every kid does the first time they get the skis on their feet, she absolutely hated it. After lots of encouragement she thought it was fun for a minute or two. With something as unnatural as skis you really need to be broken in. The earlier, the better.

This picture was taken while she didn't fancy it very much. She will probably dislike it all of this winter, but next winter she probably will enjoy it more.

alvaski.JPG

leon-1

That's probably the best age to learn, I wish I had learnt to ski when I was that age, perhaps I wouldn't be quite as bad as I am now:eek:.

They look like langlauf / telemark ski's, not very good at spotting these things so excuse me if I am wrong:eek:

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Leon

It is possible to learn later too, but to become really good you need to start early. It is always easy to tell when someone have learnt it in adulthood. Always a funny sight. :lmao:

You are correct. As I am from Telemark county (the cradle of ski sport) these are Telemark type skis. :)

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
we have a dry ski slope quite close to me so i am fairly good at skiing, went on a ski trip to la thuile, italy with the school in april and it was really good, instructors get a level 5 and i was awarded a level 4 so i think i done quite well
leon

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Ahh I've been to Italy a few times. Didn't go for any awards (just went with me uncle) but had great fun! It's past time to go again actually. Must be great having so much snow on your doorstep.

bcraft

Oct 24, 2006
uk
hi

last yr i went skiing in america and loved it :) what kind of ratings do they give the slopes in italy like we had

green=beginner
blue=intermediate
black=expert

thanks
bcraft

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes green, blue and black where the different slopes and how hard they where e.g. black was really hard and only for people who have had a bit of experience at skiing and green was really easy, i dont know if it was the same in america, but there were grades from 1 going up to 5
leon

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Awww.. She looks really cute there Torjus. I guess she must get that from her mum?

Good man getting her started at that age. You reckon they'll let Girls do Olympic skijump by the the time she's old enough? :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE