First sheath tools needed?

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Hi their I've just ordered myself a mora classic 1.ive been meaning too get one of these for a while now.i 'm planning on making my first ever leather sheath for this.could someone outline a basic tools list I would need to complete this please.cheers Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Not much.

Saddler's/harness needles (2); awl; stitch marker (pricking wheel or pricking iron); linen thread, knife (Stanley would do).

Could even do without the stitch marker if you have a ruler, patience and a steady hand.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Not much.

Saddler's/harness needles (2); awl; stitch marker (pricking wheel or pricking iron); linen thread, knife (Stanley would do).

Could even do without the stitch marker if you have a ruler, patience and a steady hand.

Cheers.are the cheap tools on eBay good upto the task

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Yep, that's what I use. A fork, 1.5mm drill bit in a Makita and my only true tool is a line marker chisel that I got from China for £2.49 ....oh , and some waxed thread that came with two needles.

Now were talking .I have most or those tools already.you say line marker tool is this what mskes the indentation for the thread too slot into

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Now were talking .I have most or those tools already.you say line marker tool is this what mskes the indentation for the thread too slot into

Yep, that's the one. Have a look on eBay, you'll find them really cheap from China and they work a treat :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE