first overnighter in a while...

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
hi all, just thought i would share a few photos of my first overnighter at my usual spot in 2 years.

my two eldest kids didnt come with me this time, but my mate neil (TylerD) and his mate ollie came up instead.

i got up the site at around 3.30pm on saturday and i spent a while clearing all the debris for the bedspaces and fire. i then put up my brand new dd tarp that my good lady brought for me cos she had a tax rebate ;)
DSCF3467.jpg

neil and ollie turned up at around 4.30pm and we set about putting up my auscam hootch that neil was borrowing and the slightly oversized blue tarp that ollie brought with him. honest to god it was around 30 ft long and had to be folded in half lengthways and then we rolled up a large birch log in the tarp until it was the right size to be slept under.
heres neil and ollie waiting for the kettle to boil and ollies bbq to die down.
DSCF3469.jpg

neils steak cooking away nicely alongside my chicken tikka masala. neils on some weird fad diet where he only eats meat and i had to resort to tinned curry as nowhere in my area sells my beloved vesta meals :(
on a happier note ollie had brought some desperados beer wih him and on the advice from neil i put a drop in with some steak i was cooking. tasted great and i'm now a convert.
DSCF3471.jpg

this was taken at 6am this morning after we got the fire restarted for breakfast. it absolutely hammered down during the night but luckily we had a 6 by 4 cheap tarp strung up around 7ft above the fire which saved the hot embers and we had a supply of dry firewood stashed under my cavernous tarp.
DSCF3472.jpg

the next three photos you can clearly see the dry patches around the tarps and only ollie got wet cos his blue marquee had a few burn holes in it lol
DSCF3476.jpg

DSCF3475.jpg

DSCF3474.jpg

final self portrait of me wearing my group buy dancam smock with my berghaus vulcan.
DSCF3478.jpg

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one, looks like my kind of camping trip, not a lot going on but just enjoying being out there.

I like the colour of the new DDs, my old one was a bit more bottle green than forest green.

Sweet looking camp, cheers for sharing

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Who's that stupid looking tw*t in the lumber-jack shirt?... Oh, it's me ;)

That Aus-cam tarp was the business, mark! Both myself and Ollie spent a good half hour plus trawling flea-bay comparing prices. Ollie really enjoyed himself, and I learnt that I need to think on a broader scale for what to pack!

I can eat more than meat, mate, it's a Paleo-diet so I'm just cutting right back on the carbs (Bread :(, pasta, rice & taters).
But a tiny splash of beer (any you like) over a frying/BBQ'ing steak for the last 30 seconds of cooking, finishes it a treat ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE