First night hammock camping, Cowclose wood, Durham. Lots of pics

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
I've only just got In to proper camping, by that I mean camping without having toilets and sinks in a block at one end of a camp site lol

This for me was a bit of an adventure as I normally go to a normal campsite and always with my camping buddy, it was also an exercise in trying to find out what I REALLY need equipment wise to camp out with that fits in my ruck sack (maxpedition vulture 2) which is around 45 litres plus a few pouches I've thrown on.... As yu do lol

I normally camp using my car as a Rucksack and fill it to the roof :0) but now really feel the need to be able to camp self sufficiently and reasonably comfortably from my ruck sack, something which I really didn't achieve this time but has shown me what I've used and didn't need, so will defo be able to pack it lighter next time.

Anyway back to cowclose wood, I was lucky enough book a wild camping night with Gary the organiser there before he started having problems with camping from the land owner, Gary is also an old school friend of mine and took the opportunity to have a bit of a catch up with him and talk about the old days over a beer and an oil lamp under the canopy of gorgeous part of his wood.

The journey for me was a hundred miles each way, but worth every minute of the journey, Cowclose wood is very pretty and gives a real feeling of isolation, with a few little streams running through it and wildlife galore.

On arrival Gary had a walk around with me and a beer and showed me a bit of the wod before helping me to unload my gear and show me an area off the beaten track for me to choose some trees for my hammock.... Pictures below!
8340332E-C07B-42E8-995C-E169C4F7B46C-2045-0000021B36A77537_zps12be1be9.jpg
[/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE