First fire by friction!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
So ive tried a fair few times in the last couple of weeks with the bow drill, but havent been successful...just now i thought right im gunnu do it, settled in my garrage and after a few minutes of pain in my legs, hands etc, it works!

not that this will excite anybody :lmao: but i thought i would just post because im well chuffed! shame i didnt have any tinder to go with the effort :rolleyes:

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
it was in my garage so i guess i cheated! im not too sure what wood it is i use, its not my set. im borrowing it off a friend. ill ask them when i next see them :)

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Filled the scout hut with bowdrill smoke last night...much to their amusement. They wern't so amused when they had a go :lmao:

I'm using goat willow at the moment, which is quite good. I got some nice ivy which I think I'll see if the scouts find easier, as it tends to be one of the easiest woods to get a coal from...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE