First ever spoon carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ananix

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2010
Denmark
You should consider finding a piece of wood that already resamples a spoon. Here is what to look for
Ske.PNG

I will also recomend you using dry wood (your looks mighty fresh but i understand it can be lag of natural reacourses) to the point just before detariation, it will make carving and burning 100times faster, chop chop handle, chop chop bowl, burn burn deepening, slurp slurp soup :)

I never understood these artifacts you guys sit at home and make instead of getting out, its a spoon takes less time with an amber and a knife than it takes to boil water, after that its a campfire activity to fiddle it up.

http://rover-spejderen.blogspot.com/2010/03/nok-den-sidste-vinter-weekend-2010.html

When i was finished eating i smoothent it up and a thint it a bit at the end and used a litle stick with glowing end to burn a small string hole so i could hang it on my bivuak unto breakfast next morning :)

Yours is pretty but more for looks and sale than practic and usage. Are you a pretty boy or a rover? sorry keep up the good work! *GGG :)

Last edited:

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Oh I see, flaxseed oil is what I need. I'm glad I didn't go ahead a put linseed on it!
I really like the Kuksa, I see that it wasn't sanded completely smooth. Is that because of personal preference or is that how they should be? I gotta take my hat off to you with regards to the finish, it's a real skill to not cut too deep etc.

Its personal preference really, some folk sand their work and some like the tooled finish, the tooled faceted finish can be very pleasing to the eye when done well and shows how the peice was made by hand and not on machines. I mix between the two really.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE