First couple of arrows for a long time

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just had to share.
Managed to pluck up the courage to loose a few arrows as the elbow is starting to work again.
Might not sound much but if your favourite waste of time "me" time is to make bows and loose an arra,, then it stops suddenly its a downer.
This is the first chance I have had to put a few tentative dozen through a bow i finished months ago.

IMAG3605_zps52561fd0.jpg

Anyways its still there. 15 yards and its coming in again. Need to widen the nocks but its good to be back :D

IMAG3836_zps0744016c.jpg

Now for some ibuprofen gel and heat :lmao:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yeah I ve now got hooked again after about 30 years off so, trying to re work it all out...lol.. must admit my grouping is getting better..lol.. now just got to tune the bow....to the arrows.... cant remmeber that being such a big thing then lol... or I just did not care...

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
yeah I ve now got hooked again after about 30 years off so, trying to re work it all out...lol.. must admit my grouping is getting better..lol.. now just got to tune the bow....to the arrows.... cant remmeber that being such a big thing then lol... or I just did not care...

I have neglected shooting for years now to my shame.
I tend to make a bow, shoot a few dozen to see what arrows it like and make a set. Then it goes on the wall or to a customer and I start another one that will be faster or more efficient or another design or wood type. The bow is already broken in from the hours on the board so is well settled in.

Its not since I have been unable to shoot due to injury that I have missed it so much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE