First Bow

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
My first bow. Made from an Ash sapling. It's pretty weak, I have a "proper" bow that draws about 30lbs, I reckon this one must be drawing at around 20lbs. It fires a lazy arrow fairly accurately and it doesn't seem inclined to snap, so I'm quite pleased with myself. Thanks to Dwardo for the inspiration and JohnJayRambo11111 for the video tutorials. I made the bow using only an eight inch Old Hick butcher's knife.

The pics were taken by my youngest BTW, I look much younger, hirsute and more handsome in real life.

002-6.jpg

001-8.jpg

003-7.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great first bow :approve:

Yew will never look at another tree in the same way again, all you will see is bow material!
If its sluggish then excessive set due to green wood is usually a culprit, as are limb tip thickness, atleast in my experience:eek: . If it shoots then its a bow nice job!

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Thank you very much Jon. I've just been checking out your website and I'd urge everyone to do so too, it's brilliant. You are a really talented person. You have a really cute wee bow there too.

W

watercress

My first bow. Made from an Ash sapling. It's pretty weak, I have a "proper" bow that draws about 30lbs, I reckon this one must be drawing at around 20lbs. It fires a lazy arrow fairly accurately and it doesn't seem inclined to snap, so I'm quite pleased with myself. Thanks to Dwardo for the inspiration and JohnJayRambo11111 for the video tutorials. I made the bow using only an eight inch Old Hick butcher's knife.

The pics were taken by my youngest BTW, I look much younger, hirsute and more handsome in real life.

002-6.jpg

001-8.jpg

003-7.jpg

Great first Bow. Im hoping to get my first one under way this Fall. Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE