Finnish VIHE one-mans tent

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

PRKL

Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Hey you brits there.

If any of you is still interested in Vihe Laavu´s,theres atleast one now sent by me,and arrived into UK,u might see review of it,as tested in britains climate/terrain,by Bearclaw Bushcraft & SurvivALL blog or in our own bishcraft finland in short time,i think :cool:

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hermitical,its very popular here among bird / moose hunters.
I first saw that pattern in Nalle Corranders book, and I've been intrigued ever since. I often erect my 3x3 m tarp in "the same" configuration, but the shelter looks a bit open, more vulnerable to rain comming in. A real problem, or not?

Or should I get a Vihe 1 lean-to for the mosquito protection instead? Will they survive small fires (cooking fire in a firebox) under the awning?

PRKL

Jan 27, 2010
Finland
I first saw that pattern in Nalle Corranders book, and I've been intrigued ever since. I often erect my 3x3 m tarp in "the same" configuration, but the shelter looks a bit open, more vulnerable to rain comming in. A real problem, or not?

Or should I get a Vihe 1 lean-to for the mosquito protection instead? Will they survive small fires (cooking fire in a firebox) under the awning?
ive never managed to set my lean-to vihe cloths flap into fire,if you meant that,man.

forestwalker

ive never managed to set my lean-to vihe cloths flap into fire,if you meant that,man.
That ws the actual question, yes. That silly bonfires would do it is a given, but a plain lean-to with a free hanging mosquito net (I don't like zippers, so I'd rather add one to the non-net one myself; sewn in on top, long enough to be tucked in under mats to keep a reasonablre level of tightness) looks like a good pick.

PRKL

Jan 27, 2010
Finland
That ws the actual question, yes. That silly bonfires would do it is a given, but a plain lean-to with a free hanging mosquito net (I don't like zippers, so I'd rather add one to the non-net one myself; sewn in on top, long enough to be tucked in under mats to keep a reasonablre level of tightness) looks like a good pick.

One like that,with removable flyscreen is under work here.so you can sleep with the "door-flap" raised open,and still be safe from those little flyin satans ambassadors,and remove it easily when not needed.

forestwalker

One like that,with removable flyscreen is under work here.so you can sleep with the "door-flap" raised open,and still be safe from those little flyin satans ambassadors,and remove it easily when not needed.
My plan was to either sew the netting to a strip of webbing, and then sew a another strip to the tent, and then using either using buttons or satans belly button lint (velcro). Two strips of netting with a wide overlap in the middle. Tie tapes to enable me to roll it up out of the way. A zipper would work, but I dislike them, and it would tend to abrade the fabric more.

Defintely going to order one.