Finally!

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Well, I haven't really been out on the moors wandering for a good 7 odd years, since being diagnosed with ulerative colitis, kind of made things awkward. I am still currently signed off work, two and a half months so far, due to the colitis.

But, today, I went for a wander up Bodmin moor, more specifically Cats Hole, Brown Willy, Codda and Tolborough Tor, I did plan on making my way from Brown Willy over to Rough Tor, but realised that I'm not as fit as I used to be and thought that would be just to much. I decided to have a brew at Brown Willy and head back over the last two tors. Must admit it was nice to be back out in the wilds again, despite the wind, constant bogs (I really must pick my route better lol) and ripping my jacket on barbed wire. Still, a good bit of recuperation for the return to work.

All in all it was a great day , only managed 10 mile and has totally wiped me out, but I'm sat here with a red nose and a grin on my face.

Thanks for reading and I'll hopefully post a couple pics, if they turn out to be anygood.

Oh, and happy new year folks.

Last edited:

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
Nice to see you out and about :D

You'll have to hook up with us Cornwall reprobates at some point in the new year Al.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Nice part of the World for some recuperation. That has to be the best part, being tired out with that warm glow at the end of the day, something you only seem to get when you've been outside.

All the best and Happy 2010.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Cheers folks.

I definitely over did it yesterday, feel like death and aching like hell. But out again Tuesday, determined to get fit enough for work within a couple weeks :D

P.S pics were crap, oh well try again Tuesday.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE