Filson customer service, or not ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Well I have always liked the look of it, but very costly.
However, on our travels in deep Bavaria, dressing gowns at home, and a so called holiday bonus ie spend a-ton of cash, get a big voucher.
So, I thought why not ? Bought us both a nice flannel dressing gown as Chrissy presents, dont tell my wife, it will be a surprise.
Arrived impressively fast.
Voucher a lot eleventh hour, and it dont work ?
Despite their thanks for “reaching out “ ( a phrase I detest ) and promising a response, nothing !
Now, when I shop at a high end premium place like Filson, and pay top dollar, I expect it to be a whole lot slicker.
Any other folks got experience of this ? Or am I just unlucky?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I am embarrassed to say that I am having trouble following your narrative. Let me run through and perhaps you can clarify?

So you are travelling in deep Bavaria?
You like to wear dressing gowns at home?
Someone has given you a "holiday bonus". Related to visiting Bavaria? How did the bonus relate to the voucher? Was it a Filson voucher or a general voucher that could be used in many places? Does any of that relate to using the voucher with Filson's?

You have ordered dressing gowns from Filson's as Christmas presents, they arrived fast.

If you used it for the order, what about the voucher didn't work, ? What is the 11th hour?

Do you think the people fielding the communications at Filson speak the same language? Are you talking to Filson in the UK, the US, or somewhere in Continental Europe?

I haven't had dealings with Filson customer service, but I have had dealings with US customer service and find that differences in accent and word use can give rise to confusion. I have to be extra careful how I describe the problem and resist adding extra details.

All the best,

Chris

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Given this incident, is Filson customer sevice any good in other people's experience, is the question ...

I have Filson stuff but all bought from stores on sale, and the shop staff have been lovely. Returned a bag for another colour once. No problem. That's all the facts I got :)

However, rumour from elsewhere is that they are good. My personal suspicion is that they are not above OK. But, you know, covid.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
OK to clarify.....
We are spending the winter in Bavaria, I ordered dressing gowns as Christmas gifts for myself and my wife.
Filson had a holiday bonus offer which meant spend X get a voucher for Y
When the voucher finally arrived, I assumed one copied the whole code into the appropriate place on the order form, which did not work. There were no instructions to the contrary.
The live chat on their website wasnt working, I assume too much demand. The freephone number doesnt connect on my mobile to the US head office from which I ordered.
So I emailed, and they said they have got a 48 hour deadline to respond, which was exceeded by a couple of days. Finally I managed to use the live chat yesterday, to be told that one only uses part of the code, but there were no instructions to that effect with the email giving the code. The operative wouldnt engage in why such a long delay without reply, her attitude was that she had solved the problem so no case to answer.
I hope that clarifies things.
My point is that as a premium brand they ought to offer better service than that.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Ah. Thank you. Much clearer. :D

So the bottom line is that you spent a lot of money with them, in part at least so that you could get a voucher. Having got the voucher, wanted to place another order, but could not make the voucher work, there being no instructions. Then it wasn't possible to contact them quickly to get the order placed, all the while with the Christmas deadline bearing down. :(

I hope you were able to get your order in and use the voucher once you got hold of a service person!

I do not envy you that experience at all. Very trying! This year I am tending not to expect fast or normal service from any company. If I get it I am pleased, but I am trying to be more patient.

Although I have a pair of their trousers, and bought a bib set for a friend, both were quite some time ago and I had no particular problems, despite ordering from the the UK, with UK billing, to the US business, to be shipped to a hotel in New York for collection.

Best of luck,

Chris

Reactions: bigbear

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE