fictional book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jack29g

Forager
Sep 17, 2004
Leicester
There is a series of books by a man calle Gary Paulsen which are the best i've ever read. Theys are called Hatchet, Hatchet the return, Hatchet the winter and Hatchet the call. There are about a boy called brian who crashes in a plane in the canadian wilderness and who has to survive and learn skills of bushcraft. I thought the best one was Hatchet the winter. They are aimed at children and because i'm 14 i enjoyed it but there's no reason why adults can't aswell. Great books, read them!

Jun 29, 2006
New Zealand
Yep, Gary Paulson knows his stuff - have read his autobiography ect and is an amazing guy, ran the idditorod (massive dog race) several time and is a natural bushman :D very accessable writing style and gud for fun and some basic knowledge :)

Jul 30, 2006
Evian, France
If you liked Hatchet, then My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George might be of interest as well. It is also a children's book and beautifully describes a boy choosing to live in the woods by himself. Some great recipes for wilderness cooking!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE