few knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bisto

Need to contact Admin...
been grinding a few blanks which have been laying around so...

got another couple handled today.

cocobola and masur birch,two woods i hadnt used before.

birch was hard as nails and the cocobola was like carving chocolate!

still,they ended up nice :big grin:

all 3mm o1 tool steel.
the marking on the blades is from the HT in a fire.i think it looks quite nice so i dont polish it off,though it would be easy to do so.

what you think of em?
DSC06523.jpg

DSC06529.jpg

DSC06537.jpg

DSC06546.jpg

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Their all nice blades :D I had the same thoughts as you with the markings from the forge when I made my first knife, but I landed up cleaning it up later.
Why the ricasso on the cocobollo blade may I ask?

bisto

Need to contact Admin...
Their all nice blades :D I had the same thoughts as you with the markings from the forge when I made my first knife, but I landed up cleaning it up later.
Why the ricasso on the cocobollo blade may I ask?

the what???

if you mean the wee half circle cut out,its because i like a definite end to the blade. i think it makes sharpening them easier too.nothing to do with the fact of trying to grind out over running edge grinds :rolleyes:
the cocobolo blade was lucky to get a handle at all,it was destined for the bin till i discovered i could grind a crap scandi into a decent convex :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE