Favourite canned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Patra (spicy curried cabbage leaves compressed into a block) sliced and fried, very tasty very sweet
lets not forget sild or sardines, or red salmon,or lychee fruit

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Hard to pick a favourite. I'm pretty disinterested in cooking and I like foods that I can stock up on and always have in the cupboard on standby, so many of my favourites are canned.

Corned beef is OK, but expensive now for what it is. I haven't eaten it 'raw' in years, but still love a tattie pot.

Best though has to be rice pudding. I prefer it canned to homemade (sacrilege to many!) and with a big dollop of jam in it - perfection!

Reactions: Hbc and Billy-o

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Campbell tomato rice soup. No longer made. Oh I lived off it during school holidays. Well, occasionally doll brand noodles but I could go through two cans of cambells tomato rice soup.

It's one of their condensed soups so you could make it thicker or thinner to taste. In a bowl with water, cover and microwave. A spoon stir (sideways movements of the spoon works best here) and it's ready. I just wish it was still sold / made.

Apparently cambells tomato and rice soup is still made Just no supermarket sells it

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE