Fancy more space in your polish tipi?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
Excellent and far more thought and work put into it than my simpler idea, of just adding a tarp in the middle, to make a ridge style tent but with a side opening flap.

4486212511_d81d32031f_o.jpg

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Well had the tipi out for a few nights with the stove in some really bad weather too. Think it may have got a bit too heavy for the 30 year original part as when i came back after being away for a few hours the pole had ripped though the top and was sticking out by a foot or so. Oh well back to the drawing board.:D

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Well had the tipi out for a few nights with the stove in some really bad weather too. Think it may have got a bit too heavy for the 30 year original part as when i came back after being away for a few hours the pole had ripped though the top and was sticking out by a foot or so. Oh well back to the drawing board.:D

should be able to reinfoce that mate, maybe sew pockets the poles can slot into or something

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

Nightmare, could you put some kind of thin leather cowl on the inside ? Something simple just to sit the pole into.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Shame that Treetop, a piece of leather mould stop the pole going through. Don't right it off just yet, these things are fixable and don't give it to TeeDee, i'm the better choice :lmao:

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
I think a fix will be fairly easy as you say just a bit of extra canvas or leather. But i've decided it's not going on my tour of europe as my bike trailer was getting to heavy :eek:. It maybe up for grabs but not sure about cost :dunno: and the rip is only about 2" long.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE