Mercia
I like watching nature. Sometimes though, it watches me back

1659021395_74dece088e_b.jpg

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It was really quite strange Jon. I was nose to compund eye with her. She would tip her head on one side as a dog does when its looking quizically at you and then move it upright again. Never really watched a dragon fly head articulate before - insects are fascinating close up - I can get why entymologists become hooked. They seemed to love the flint nodules today and just sat on them basking in the sunshine. I felt quite a kinship - both of us enjoying the last of the sun and inspecting each other.

I know I'm anthropomorphising it a bit but it was a nice couple of minutes with a fellow creature

Red

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Oh ive always known insects love checking us out, them bloody midgies dont give me a minutes peace! . heh awesome pic Red great photography :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
There is another little world going on out there, isn't there....Entomology facinates me too....Hornets are my fav though, as you may of guessed...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have a couple Mason - this one was my little pocket camera - a Kodak Z740 - I like it for its long optical zoom of 10x although this shot had no zoom - we were only a few inches apart :). I do have a digital SLR which I like for when I'm setting out to take photos but its too bulky for flinging in your jacket pocket!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE