Fabric Printed QR codes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does anyone know if QR codes work if printed onto Fabric? T-shirt type material.
I have an idea for a sideline business.

My gut feeling is no but if you don't ask , you don't know.

Thanks.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Any idea how one could use a program/service provider such as Tee-Springs

And have the linked QR code entered within the uploaded design.

I've never created a QR code before,

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Me neither :) and Andy, HumbleBumble, hasn't been on the forum for a while, and the email address I have for him is bouncing.

You might ask Tee-Springs ? they'll at least have a fair idea of the detail they need.

I did a quick google for 'create QR code' and there are dozens of free and helpful sites.
Like this one...no recommendation, it's just a random link.

Reactions: TeeDee

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
You want a QR code for a product page?

Simplest manual method is use Chrome, go to the page want to link, right click and select "Create QR code for this page"
It'll then display the QR code and give you a download link for the image.

Here's one to a random dog t shirt.

IWMTpP0.png

Reactions: TeeDee and Toddy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thank you - I want to upload designs to Tee-Springs with a QR code within the design so that then when scanned links to a separate web page/app.

Many thanks.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
So would need to know the link (URL) before you create the product page.

If using a third party site like Tee Spring which you cannot control/predict what the eventual product link would be, then would have to use a redirect.

Similar to how URL shortening services work. The short URL takes you to a page that redirects to a page with the full unshortened URL.

Actually it appears URL shortening service Bitly now offer QR code functionality. https://bitly.com/pages/features/qr-codes

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE