Eze-lap vs Diafold

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I have the diafold sharpening system, which is very like the lansky one but it's a magnet at the end of the rod and you stick the diafold on. I noticed ezelap sharper era are very similar, has anyone tried these against the diafold? Are they of similar quality?

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
Can't answer directly but to me the Lasky/Gatco system as in how the diafold works are getting a little long in the teeth and better systems have superseded them.

I like DMT for their quality and had good service from the DMT units I've had. Ezelap should be equal, though the whole market is a bit awash with hones. Some diamond hones aren't of any real quality and don't last or do well.

Dit of a minefield but there are some realistically priced alternatives to some high cost American systems. The Spyderco Sharpmaker remains an excellent buy.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I don't see how it's getting long in the teeth if it's the only sharpening system I have, and the only one I ever intend to have? I have no intention of buying something else just because my current one is out of fashion but it is perfectly fit for purpose! It would just end up in a cupboard or in the bin and would be more waste to add to the world.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Had a Diafold for years now and although its not my only hone (I'm a carpenter so have to sharpen quite a variety of tools) its still a good one.
I like them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE