Feb 12, 2024
Antrim
Hi all, new here and wanted to contribute. I have a Frost River Isle Royale pack and I love it!! I fitted an external frame last year and think I figured out a good solution. If enough people are interested I can post pics and more info.

Also anybody looking to buy one of these, you are welcome to discuss on this thread. I've had mine 3 years and it is my exclusive dedicated pack for bushcraft camps.

spokenword

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2024
Surrey
Hello there

I bought the 'Frost River Isle Royale Mini Bushcraft Pack' in April 2023 from Natural Man in the UK. A solid and recommended seller.

I love the sturdiness of this pack, even though it's just for carrying a heavy rugged laptop up and down high streets. Nothing off-road. Only wish it came in a 'pretty' colour other than green drab.

One thing: as well made as the straps are, due to the constant unbuckling many times a day, they're probably going to be the first bits to give. Any thoughts on where a UK resident might send this to be re-strapped? Posting back to the USA doesn't make sense. There are a number of backstreet repairers in the UK, yet many of them subpar. I'd be looking for a real professional setup, who only use the same high quality leather, cord and are familiar with this sort of thing.

Does such a place exist in the UK?

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I don't know the pack or what it's made of, but if it's nylon try Jay Jays of Brecon. They do loads of kit tailoring for squaddies. Top quality and squaddie proof

Sent from underground

spokenword

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2024
Surrey
Thanks for that tip. The Frost River stuff is constructed out of a quality waxed canvas. Really is wonderfully made, with an, "I love butterflies and nature" green look, rather than a military one. Only downside is the cost. Believe it's 100% made in the USA.

I'll give Jay Jays a Google.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE