Exhaustion treatment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lostdreamer

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Wmids
Imagine that you are attending a meet. You took the Friday before hand off, and went up on Thursday night.
You have spent all of Friday wandering around in the blazing summer heat chopping wood and milling about camp. You have never quite got as far as eating anything, but you have managed a 'couple' of beers. In the evening around the fire you put away most of a bottle of scotch, a useful quantity of god-knows-what that people handed you to try, and several packs of Russia's finest high tar ciggies.

Now, now it is Saturday morning. There are still two days left of the meet, but you feel like something out of Hammer Horror. You are sunburnt, dehydraded, hungover and generally should have been more careful.

The question is: What do you do about it?

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
First I would rehydrate and take a couple of head ache tabs, then get someone to drive me down the cafe for a damn good english (or scottish)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Rehydrate have something with sugar, then rehydrate some more! Then some more complex carbs and food, the full english is a good option and rehydrate some more.

Or the solution my wife has just supplied, don't accept gifts from strangers!:rolleyes:

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Would preventative measures be best in this case???

A friend of mine is a doctor, and has a neat trick, he uses these prescription paracetamols which are said to work for at least 12 hours, so he pops one before he goes to bed with a big glass of milk and some resorb (fluid compensation powder). Fresh as a daisy in the morning.

For us without the benefit of prescription drugs fluid compensation drinks and loads of fluids before bed works pretty good. Or why not just take it easy with the booze in the first place? (Ok, I shouldn't say anything, being swedish, I drink anything put in front of me, and don't quit drinking until unconsciusness occur, can't help it, it's genetic).

jon r said:
drink water and only water!

It's actually better to drink something that contains some electrolytes. Sportdrinks, or just some salt, sugar and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Or milk, 3.4% proteins!

EDIT: Cred to goose, being a tad faster then me at the keyboard :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE