Exasperating micro SD card

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, first I take it out of the camera...

...Then I put it in a thing that converts it into an SD...

...which goes in an SD card reader...

...and finaly in my laptop. (I have an SD slot in the laptop but it doesnt work any more)

Isnt technology wonderful?

It works fine...except for one thing

I cant delete pictures on it. Now, how do I do that? Its getting very full.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Is the lock on the side switched on?

87a3702cc8a5918588dc77b93238f35f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
If you're running Windows, try opening the folder containing the files with a right click and select
"open as an administrator" from the drop down list.

That should enable you to delete them.
If that doesn't work, then just CUT and paste (as opposed to copy and paste) onto your laptop.
That should take the files selected and move them to the laptop where you can then do what you like with them....

Thus emptying the card itself .

Also try emptying the bin (laptop ) with card still plugged in...

Hope it helps 👍

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Or, possibly simpler, put the card back in the camera, and use the 'format' operation in the camera. Make sure you have at least two separate full copies of all of the picture files stashed away in a laptop first though! :)

passer

Jun 20, 2016
lancs
If all the above fails.....I have a 4lb hammer you can borrow!
I'm not suggesting you hit the card, or heaven forbid your camera. Just hitting something solid, I find reduces stress levels☺

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Tengu it could be the SD card reader, i had a issue when transferring pics and vids from one of my phones sd cards to my laptop.

The SD card reader was a fake, when i compared it to a real one, bought it off ebay, there a wash with them!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I know this , what reader works wiyth one doesnt work with another, different classes of sd not accepted. Id try other connections and if that fails, try a desktop with windows xp.

I also agree technology is an absolute pig, other than surfing the net, and making writing look neat, i could do without computers quite gladly

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye, technology can be a right pain in the a***.

I have used different makes of SD card readers, as long as they match up ie class 10 with a class 10.

I'm betting even the top makes of SD cards like Sandisk, Samsung, Sony are made in the same factory and rebranded.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE