Everest Base Camp

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
(apologies if this in the wrong place etc)

This is something I've been keen to do for a while.

Basically, I just want to know if anyone here has done the trip and if so what was the experience like...

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Amazing is all I can say. I've never felt so tired, sore and sick in my life.... and I'd go back in a heart beat and do it again and again.

I think there are a few on here who have done it, most more recently than me, but if I can help in your prep give me a shout!

KP

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Did it a few years ago, a trip of a life time, it's not a walk in the park though. Get fit that way you will enjoy it and not think its a feat of endurance and make sure you have plenty of film, oops showing my age, batteries for the camera!

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
At the momement I'm just trying to gauge interest from friends etc. I've seen all the pre-organised trips out there but would also like to sort something out myself if it's not too much hassle.

I'm reasonably fit as I exersise everyday but would certainly do some training beforehand.

It does seem like an absolutely amazing trip. Not sure when I'll get the chance to go but hopefully within the next 18 months.

Thanks for the replies.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its a trip I've dreamed of for years but now I could afford it my health won't let me :( Have a great trip and take lots of photo's and video's.

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
Its a trip I've dreamed of for years but now I could afford it my health won't let me :( Have a great trip and take lots of photo's and video's.

Sorry to hear that but thanks, Rik. It maybe a little while off and I may end up going on my own but there will be plenty of documented proof when I do :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I had increased my fitness, but I'm usually very slow up hills. I was way slower than everyone else and still made each day well within the expected guidebook times. They say the slower you are the less risk of Altitude Sickness too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE