Ever not known how you feel about something?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Woo hoo! I can't wait!!!.....only 25 years to go and I might be at retiring age....pending government legislation of course ;)

Fortunately both my current retirements had nothing to do with an old age pension. Rather with my employer's retirement plans. Twenty or more years in the military (regardless of age) for the first one and six or more years in the Florida Retirement system with a minimum age of 55 (for high risk jobs) In another two years I can begin to draw my funds from my personal retirement account without tax penalties and three years after that I'll be eligible to draw my Social Security (OAP) as well.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Thanks xylaria. Yes, its the small things in life that mean the most. Don't get me wrong, I do get envious at times when I see my mates driving new cars or buying a toy I have had my eye on but I console myself with the knowledge that we are happy with the life values we have decided upon.

Oh tell me about it. I'm going to be truly skint when it comes to retirement age.....anyone know of a cave I can live in?!?! :D

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It is the riches of living simpler lives.

Wasting good land on growing energy is a waste, when there are other better ways of living. If ours lives were simpler we wouldnt use as much power, or if planning permission on self generating power that worked to get people off grid was librialised. But then I dont get why most gardens dont have some veg growing them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE