evening out a grind

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron Rushton

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2011
S. Wales
hi all,
i recently bought a svord peasant for a diy knife. they look great, but on closer inspection i saw that the grind was a little large on one side than the other, by about 0.5-0.75mm. Is there a way i can even out the bevels without a power tool? how long will it take me with a coarse sharpening stone or even some 600 grit wet and dry? i like the grind on it at the moment, so i would rather not make it into a scandi if i don't have to.
ATB
Aaron.

Aaron Rushton

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2011
S. Wales
+ just realised its 3.1" in blade length, which is a bit annoying as i want it as a legal carry. how can i shorten the blade and still keep the looks of the knife. again, preferably without power tools. i only have a drill.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
i would not worry if it is less than a mm out, I dont think it will make much difference to its cutting ability

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
That's why its cheap and cheerful!
Don't worry about it just keep it super sharp and then a little UN-even ness is nt a problem, gives it character!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE