EPC Assessor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does anyone have experience with being/knowing an EPC assessor ?
Maybe a brother/sister - relative who is an EPC assessor. ??

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
To become an Assessor you have to gain a certificate(stroma I think) which usually takes 4-5 days, cost is variable but usually about £1000-£1500 depending on whom you go with.
This then allows you to issue certificates for premises, at a charge between £60-£120,
There are lots of places that offer the courses, as well as lots of places/people who will do an assessment of a premises, for both its a case of shopping around for the best deal, as they both lead to the same output. Estate Agents will put you in touch with assessors, but they would probably want you to let them sell your house sell, some will offer the assessment as part of the package deal.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
To become an Assessor you have to gain a certificate(stroma I think) which usually takes 4-5 days, cost is variable but usually about £1000-£1500 depending on whom you go with.
This then allows you to issue certificates for premises, at a charge between £60-£120,
There are lots of places that offer the courses, as well as lots of places/people who will do an assessment of a premises, for both its a case of shopping around for the best deal, as they both lead to the same output. Estate Agents will put you in touch with assessors, but they would probably want you to let them sell your house sell, some will offer the assessment as part of the package deal.

Agree with what you've said.
Course I've found is £900 and one of the main reasons I'm thinking of throwing myself on the course is as a second side hustle business in case I ever get made redundant again.
In my day-to-day job I work with EPC's and SAP's and basically study various U-Values all day so would have some overlap in terms of understanding.

The only thing I'm not aware of is if there IS enough work out there for all the various EPC assessors to chase and still make a living without cutting each others throats price wise.

No point in holding a qualification if its financially redundant to maintain.

Hence why I wanted to know if anyone knew an EPC assessor in their friends / family and if they finding work easier enough to acquire.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Have a look at doing the NDEA course, same thing but for Non Domestic properties

Happy to look at it Robbi but do you mind breaking out your thinking for me?

It seems to me that more and more emphasis is now being placed upon a more 'green sustainable' future for building and with upcoming governmental guidelines approaching circa 2025 it doesn't seem to be going away so being well placed to facilitate that change may not be a bad thing - as long as the market isn't over saturated already.

I'll definitely take a look at the NDEA course.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I did the NDEA course some 14 years ago, 4 day residential course in Birmingham.
My thinking being that to earn reasonable money you would have to do 2 or 3 houses a day, have to deal with grumpy householders, estate agents that don't want to pay, along with having to do the documentation in your own time in the evenings, and of course time and expense of traveling to multiple locations.
Where as if you have a decent sized office block / shop for example, along with reasonably up-to-date floor plans the whole job might take 1, 2 or 3 weeks to complete and earn you a couple of grand. Minimal travel, basically hours to suit.
Win win I reckon.

• Love
Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I did the NDEA course some 14 years ago, 4 day residential course in Birmingham.
My thinking being that to earn reasonable money you would have to do 2 or 3 houses a day, have to deal with grumpy householders, estate agents that don't want to pay, along with having to do the documentation in your own time in the evenings, and of course time and expense of traveling to multiple locations.
Where as if you have a decent sized office block / shop for example, along with reasonably up-to-date floor plans the whole job might take 1, 2 or 3 weeks to complete and earn you a couple of grand. Minimal travel, basically hours to suit.
Win win I reckon.

Wise words. Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE