End of season sales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I noticed that various items of camping equipment are being reduced in price in my local Tesco store, I imagine that the price reductions will apply in all of their stores as the camping season nears it's end.

This for example was reduced to £4.50 http://www.tesco.com/direct/summit-orb-tent-light/329-4493.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=329-4493

And spork type thingy down to £1.00, http://www.tesco.com/direct/summit-...rk-set/477-0809.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=477-0809

Not big savings but may get even cheaper as time rolls on.

Lots of other stuff, but I guess it will be different in every store depending on how much stock they have to clear out.

rorymax

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
The Orb seems OK (karibiner plastic, but a decent light from a AA battery) - made by Summit, and sold at around a fiver on Amazon. I got mine for £4.59 from Aldi a couple of months back but havn't had the chance to use it yet. I notice that Cotswold were selling them under their 'Blue Mountain label for £9!

Have a look at the supermarkets around this time, and 'summer stuff' tends to get dumped, often very cheaply, although watch out that the price wasn't a ripoff in the first place.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
:)
The Orb seems OK (karibiner plastic, but a decent light from a AA battery) - made by Summit, and sold at around a fiver on Amazon. I got mine for £4.59 from Aldi a couple of months back but havn't had the chance to use it yet. I notice that Cotswold were selling them under their 'Blue Mountain label for £9!

Have a look at the supermarkets around this time, and 'summer stuff' tends to get dumped, often very cheaply, although watch out that the price wasn't a ripoff in the first place.

I agree with what you say Old Bones, there is a lot of high priced tat out there.

Last year I bought 2 plastic sporks (the kind that are heat resistant and do not melt in the teacup :) ) for 50p in tesco.

It is only a bargain if you need it and if it is cheaper than you can buy elsewhere.

Tesco also have the double wall aluminium insulated mugs with covers (sip caps) for £3.00, these may come down in price in my local store (they have lots of them); I find them a bit on the small side but could be tempted at half price, they are very nice looking, and would double nicely as a sipping bowl for liqidatious vitamins :rolleyes:.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
It is only a bargain if you need it and if it is cheaper than you can buy elsewhere.

I try and tell myself that. Of course temptation does kick in, and then I ask myself 'what is my wife going to say?'. At which point I normally put it back or wonder how I can stash it in the loft without her noticing!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I bought some flannel lined sleeping bags on sale from Tesco about three years ago. They were intended more for home sleepovers and caravan park type holidays but they are so comfy and warm that unless size is an issue I use them a great deal of the time. I seem to remember that they were something like £26.00 reduced to £6. I bought five bags in total from XL to doubles. One of my best bargain purchases ever.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE