Emergency id cards

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jakunen

Native
I'm making myself a laminated emergency ID card giving details of blood group, allergies, emergency contact details, etc., just in case the worst happens. (Fingers crossed it won't but you never know...)

If anyone would like me to make them one, I'd be happy to do so for 40p to cover the cost of making it and postage.

Personal details would of course be treated with the strictest confidence, but obviously PM me.

jakunen

Native
Credit card size (60mm x 90mm if memory serves right).

Mine isn't yet complete as I'm waiting for the Doc to remind me of my blood group.
I know, being an ex squaddie, I should know my blood group, but I can't remember so I'm waiting for conformation of weather it's uisge + or not... :eek:):

Here's a sample of what it will look like.
76116.jpg

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
great minds think alike!

i used to carry one with me whilst i was away from home, untill recently mobiles came along, now any personal details are in the phone in your pocket already.

on the flip side of the coin, batteries do run out!

so indeed i still carry a small card simular to the one you sugested!

i tried to find my blood type my doctor didn't tell me he said not to worry the doctors at the accident and emergency would run a blood test within minutes anyway. :?:

oh well!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
when i was very young (and as all toddlers had a tendency to wander off when my parents wernt looking) and we lived out in Saudi i had a silver pendant which had on it my name and where to return me too.

worked too on more than one occasion

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Looks good. But you don't have to type your blood group, cause doctors will ALWAYS take a test of your blood before operation etc.! :wink: :)

jakunen

Native
Beginning to wonder if Dogtag is a bogus company.

E-mailed them several times and tried all day yesterday to ring them. Just get 'All our operators are busy. Please hold.', 'There is one call ahead of you' and 'All our operators are still busy. Please leave your name and number and we will call you back'...:?:

jakunen

Native
Finally got hold of a rather pleasant sounding South African girl.:naughty:

Their policies does NOT cover the insured person if, for example, your camp fire burnt the wood down, only if someone else did and your kit got wrecked, and then ONLY if you were not in the UK. UK coverage is ONLY for 3 nights in a hotel, NOT out in the woods. So if your fire got out of hand and destroyed the woods, you would be totally liable with no cover.:?:

I'm going to try and talk to their special projects team and see if they can come up with a suitable policy for the likes of us. Wish me luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE