email help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Elines - it's pretty simple.

1./ Log into your Hotmail / Live! / Outlook account.
2./ In the top right hand corner, click your username
3./ Click Account Settings (a new tab will open at this point)
4./ Below where it says 'Account summary' there is another section 'Password and security info' click 'Edit security info'

Hope that helps!
hi mate if i could log into my hotmail account i would not have a problem at all, thanks for you help mate.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Lee, when you get sorted, open up another email account (not hotmail) and anything you want to keep email a copy to the new account; as I said in a recent thread, back up of your data is essential.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Lee, when you get sorted, open up another email account (not hotmail) and anything you want to keep email a copy to the new account; as I said in a recent thread, back up of your data is essential.
i have mate, a google one, if there is better please let me no if there is better.
they have also sent me an email to my new email address, and said that i did not put enough data to sort the code, how can you put you recent emails and the email adresses if you can access your account, i will never ever use hotmail again i just hope i get back the 4 emails that i hold deer, i will now have to change me paypal what a nightmare, be warned

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
had the same issue with yahoo, as robbi says, worked for me too
have tried everything mate, they now say wait 24 hours as i have tried to many times, as long as i get them back thats great, will then move them all to another account mate, this has drove me up the wall.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
tomorrow is another day, i wonder if apple do an email provider, because all my apple products never let me down, but anything to do with windows microsoft, i have always had problems.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
i have sent microsoft another email, but they said it could take 24 hours to sort this, 24 hours with someone else in my account, there will be nothing left.

They normaly don't delete just send it get's assigned to a group of bot's who then spam the living daylights out of your contacts and it's own email list.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Yup, apple are issuing icloud.com or me.com addresses
maybe thats the way to go bud, i dont no, have opened up a couple of others, and just going to keep one for mates and stuff, and one for work.
will have to change me buisness cards now too, as they had me old email adress on, it just gets better.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Elines - it's pretty simple.

1./ Log into your Hotmail / Live! / Outlook account.
2./ In the top right hand corner, click your username
3./ Click Account Settings (a new tab will open at this point)
4./ Below where it says 'Account summary' there is another section 'Password and security info' click 'Edit security info'

Hope that helps!

Thanks for that - as you say it was pretty simple but I knew nothing about it and don't recall being prompted to do it - anyway have now created a gmail account as back up

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Don't worry your stuff will still be there. It used to happen a lot to my wife's account and mine once in a while. When you get your account back CC yourself in on all the emails you send. This will stop it happening again. It's worth linking another account to yours in security settings. This way if it does happen again you won't have to go through the account verification process they will just send you a code to the other account. I agree though Hotmail is pants

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
All sorted now, and the email that I wanted was still there thank god, and is now in a safe place, and the friend singing before he dyed is safe.
one very happy man indeed.
id like to say thank you for all your help.
take care.
lee.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
All sorted now, and the email that I wanted was still there thank god, and is now in a safe place, and the friend singing before he dyed is safe.
one very happy man indeed.
id like to say thank you for all your help.
take care.
lee.

really glad you got this sorted lee, it's happened to me once before with hotmail, i resolved it in the end too but didn't want ti chip in on this thread 'cos it took me ages to get it sorted and didn't want to worry you anymore than you already were. back it up dude, then back up the back ups, micro SD cards are a good way to go IMO, cheap small and solid state so should last a while and you can store them pretty much anywhere, half a dozen in your wallet wouldn't be noticeable

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE