Ellwell/Brades? Kent Pattern Axe

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I got this one a while ago, but as with a lot of my "projects" it doesn't get used much.:(

It's set up as a carving axe and with it's nice weight of around 1.8kgs (ish) it does the job very nicely indeed.

It balances just where my right finger is, just under the head itself and it's a lovely thing to use
P3290018_zps63865553.jpg

The handle is made from a nicely shaped piece of ash
P3290016_zps822ec8be.jpg

and the head is secured with a copper wedge
P3290017_zpsaf2cd8fd.jpg

The cover was made by me, as a working item, pretty heavy duty, from 4.5mm veg tan, with a good solid welt and strap.the marks are not cuts or scratches, but crease lines in the hide.
Sam Brown fastener
P3290011_zpse7de8cb3.jpg

P3290009_zps7f44621c.jpg

I can't tell who actually made it as the makers mark is heavily corroded but theres another 50 or 60+ years in this tool regardless;)

I'm looking for £28 plus £7.50 postage as it's a beasty:eek:

If you are coming along to Cowclose:http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105363

for the volunteer weekend, I'm happy to hand it over there, saving you the postage but I'd prefer payment in advance:)

If it doesn't sell in the meantime, it'll be accompanying me to Cowclose anyway, so you could get "eye's and hands on" there, if you're willing to gamble it's not sold before then.

pm first to secure

any questions, feel free.

I'm back to work tomorrow so don't be surprised if it's later on when I reply.

kind regards

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE