Elderberry wine challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I'd like to get to taste and compare lots of elderberry wines from a wide range of makers and locations. I will be bringing samples of mine to the summer Bushmoot. Would others like to join in, bringing their own for others to taste? Maybe we could make up a proper workshop on it, share recipes and tips, and encourage others to start on this this autumn to bring along the following year (if they have any left).

What do you think lads and lasses?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sounds fun and I've enjoyed our chats on the subject - but the Bushmoot is too large a group for me - I hope some people do join in and tap into your knowledge though

Floyd Soul

Forager
Jul 31, 2006
The woods, Ireland.
I like this idea too. I only ever get to taste my own brews and consequently have no other variations to compare against.. What if we were to set up a clu on the forums where we post samples to one another?

Luke

*disclaimer* my elderberry wine will not be ready until christmas as all my bottled stuff has been drank up..

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Elderberry is one I have yet to make - not many berries left here after I have raided the flowers in the summer for cordial!
I would be sure to have some other wines at the Moot though - drop in some evening and - if any is left - you can try some of my production!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE