Elblaski Channel - XI Canoe Gathering (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
... It was the 11th gathering of Polish canoe enthusiast, and my first, I participated in.
This year it took place at the Elblaski Channel (more you can find http://kanaly.info/en/index/id_contentnews=141.
What is so really special, about this channel: that water level difference between the beginning (mouth of the channel at Druzno Lake) and end of the channel (Jeziorak Lake) is almost 100m,Several parts of the channel are connected not with flood gates but with so called slipways. AN engineering masterpiece. More then 150 y.o, but fully operational, and really ecological (slipways are powered by watter mills)
For me personal, canoeing on the channel was the opportunity to meet interesting falks, learn Art of Paddling :) from the real masters, and marvel beautifully North Mazurian nature. Well... just see this yourselves:
DSC03412.JPG

My shelter:
DSC03343.JPG

DSC03354.JPG

DSC03377.JPG

DSC03382.JPG

DSC03372.JPG

DSC03425.JPG

DSC03395.JPG

DSC03391.JPG

DSC03438.JPG

DSC03410.JPG

DSC03485.JPG

DSC03379.JPG

DSC03409.JPG

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Looks like a nice trip. We are planning a 3 week trip to the tatra next summer during the holidays camping so its nice to see a few pics.

Andy

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
...that pup in pic 5 is stunning
The dog's name is Ivan. If Ivan could only speak...
His owner found the dog in the forest hang on the rope... Poor dog hang there for several days, and only by miracle managed to survive. It was dehydrated, barely breathing, it's neck was one bloody wound. Whole body was already covered with spiderwebs
After few days of private investigation, my friend (quite a feisty bloke) found out who was the guy who did this.. Simply, the dog who was a young boy these days (around 1 y.o.) killed farmer's hen, so the idiot hang it on the tree branch in the woods.
Lucky the dog was saved... in Poland you go behind the bars for animal abuse. But friend of mine, couldn't really prove it... Now (after 7 years) dog and his master are inseparable.
When those two are canoeing, dog sleeps most of the day... that is only because it never sleeps at night. Ivan is always on the watch, guarding the tent, while his master is resting :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE