ebay spoon kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Hi everyone.

I keep bumping into this on ebay and I'm quite tempted as I've never done any kind of carving before. Can you advise if this is worth it (if it doesn't rise much above £20 +the £5 p&p and is it any good for beginners? I can't compare it with anything because the company doesn't have a website (that I can see).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8735755239&ssPageName=STRK

Thanks for your help.

Pablo

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
the knives are good quality, its a frosts crook knife and a Brusletto Balder the bag and other bits are just gimic and if you can do with out them it might be an idea to get the knives from else where (depending on the end cost!)

the Brusletto Balder can be had from Heinnie for £8.95
and the frosts hook knife from axminster for £9.75
not sure what postage would be but probably not come to £5

so i guess if it come in at under £18-20 its probably a good deal otherwise i would source from elsewhere!

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
It seems a rather large rip-off to me - you can get those exact carving tools from axminster for pennies - http://www.axminster.co.uk/category.asp?cat_id=207918

All you are getting is a piece of wood which is free if you know where to look (ummm....... a woodland?) and what looks like instructions, when carving a spoon really couldn't be easier.

In my opinion, get the tools from axminster for less, and go and look in that place where trees grow.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
And as your in Essex give me a shout via PM and we can go out to my local patch and ill show you how to carve one if you like, dont worry about buying anything to use im sure I have a knife or two here somewhere ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE