Easter weekend in Suffolk.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Spent Thursday to Sunday with some of the guys from the Suffolk group, last weekend. The weather was a pretty mixed bag, with some gusty winds, rain, cold and bright warm sunshine, but it was very muddy. We managed to get some needed maintenance and tidying done, processed some more fire wood, and moved the log pile. Dylan arrived on the Thursday evening, but had a cold night, so he slept in front of the fire that night. On the Friday we sorted him out with some of our spare kit, and he had a good night on the Friday. Managed to get some Ash split for cutting boards and some spoonage done. Stu tried out making his own beef jerky, and a great success it was, yum. Showed Dylan the principles of making charcloth, and flint and steel firelighting. All in all it was a good weekend. Thanks Stu and Chris, and it was good to meet you Dylan.

A few pics.
017.jpgChris's pitch.018.jpgMy pitch.
019.jpg Stu and chris, making a smoker.
020.jpg Dylan doing some spoonage. He used a coal to burn out the bowl.
021.jpg
022.jpg
025.jpgMore spoonage.
030.jpgDawn from my pitch.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
It was a good one Colin, thanks for Sharing, it was a nice Quite, but busy weekend, Thanks Colin, Chris and Dylan,

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice report Mr Kelly.

Looks like a lovely spot and the pictures show a nicely laid out camp. Glad to see the essentials of a big tea and coffee pot to keep you all going. Shame the weather was mixed. It's been fantastic up here in usually sodden Scotland, but it looks like you were well protected with your set ups.

Cheers for posting, always enjoy seeing what folk get up too.

ATB,
GB.

PS I haven't forgotten about the bunny!:eek:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Nice report Mr Kelly.

Looks like a lovely spot and the pictures show a nicely laid out camp. Glad to see the essentials of a big tea and coffee pot to keep you all going. Shame the weather was mixed. It's been fantastic up here in usually sodden Scotland, but it looks like you were well protected with your set ups.

Cheers for posting, always enjoy seeing what folk get up too.

ATB,
GB.

PS I haven't forgotten about the bunny!:eek:

Thanks Colin, we were all well set up, but poor Dylan arrived in the dark with a very lightweight kit and no sleep mat. So on Friday morning we re set his tarp, I loaned him a camp bed and Stu loaned him a Czech army bed roll, so he was comfortable and slept well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE