Earphone Rec's please.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Can anyone supply a rec for Earphones please?

I need over the top of the ear style so they remain on when active and moving.

Doesn't need to be the most costly or highest performance out there , just resilient and well made without breaking the bank so I can get multiple sets if needed.

Cheers

TD

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Wired or bluetooth?
For the love of the flying spaghetti monster, dont get Beats or Skull candy!!

I prefer neckband types if out and about, less chance of snagging and getting jumbled up.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
My Bose quiet comfort ones were well worth the money - but they are expensive. If you're moving around you'll probably want to be wireless:

I did some research for my mum as she wanted some at the cheaper end of the market - these were the ones I recommended:

These are excellent wired headphones:http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-High-Performance-Foldable-Headset-In-Line/dp/B005LBQ7BY

Now at £40 (was £130)

These are the best bluetooth headphones around
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-M1BTBL-00-Headphones-Compatible-black/dp/B00ENYUAHW

£150 though.

These are the best wireless headphones for under £50
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SD50-SoundWear-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-BLACK/dp/B0086POQK6

£29.99

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Check out Clas Ohlson

I've tried expensive, cheap and middle range earphones. All of them break eventually. the Clas ones are lasting well, have reasonable sound and weren't expensive.

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
RHA....

Bose are great but fragile..in fact i've found the same with Bose, B&W, Hardon Kardon Sony. The little wires going into the jack break...RHA are over engineered, sound great and are reasonably priced...

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Bose have great customer service. I've only paid for one reconditioned pair and I'm on my fourth set, each time no quibble replacement, one an upgrade at the end of 3yrs hard use. Over a 12 year span.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Bowers & Wilkins are good, but pricey. They do have easily swapable cables, so if you want to change them to a three ring (control) you can do that, or get a replacement for the broken ones.

I've been pretty happy with the cheap Sony headphones I bought from TKMaxx to drown out the neighbours New Years party - they are ZX100's and are less than £13 on Amazon. The cables are nicely chunky. Its usually the cables that go first.

The audio guys hate Skull Candy and Beats. The latter sell well, but we wince!

Sennheiser might be worth looking at - they do over the ear ones for jogging, but not silly prices and a decent brand.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Bose have great customer service. I've only paid for one reconditioned pair and I'm on my fourth set, each time no quibble replacement, one an upgrade at the end of 3yrs hard use. Over a 12 year span.

Bose weren't remotely interested when the cable on my OE ones went. What was even more galling was the fact they changed the cable jack and no longer did one for my version with inline controls that i had paid extra for. I ended up buying a standard Bose cable, and that went wrong after 8 months....after that I gave up.

I had B&W C5's, the cable wasn't changeable on them sadly....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE