Dyeing a leather waistcoat

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I have a brown leather waistcoat that I'd like to be black.

What's the best method / solution to change it to black.

Cheers
Snozz

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The best way would be to trade it for what you want. The second best way would be to but leather dye and follow the directions that come with it.

Im not trying to be sarcastic and I hope I'm not coming off that way, it's just that there are several different manufacturers of leather dye and their processes vary slightly so using their directions is a must. Also I don't believe I've ever seen one that was meant for changing a color, rather they were all for dying natural leather from scratch.

Logically it should work though as you're going to a darker color.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've dyed a pair of boots from brown to black, & the colour was maintained with regular polishing, but not sure how a waistcoat would do.

Rob

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...ive dyed from brown toi black before...i use fiebings....if the leather has a ''finish'' on it....like fiebings finish....or a wax......you may need to strip off....i use fiebings deglazer....this will also strip some of the colour off so once you start you cannot stop,...if you need more info gimme a shout.....easy enough job....and anyway...even if it didnt work absolutely perfectly i think it would look funky in a browny/black sorta way....

a

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE