Dutchy in search for a Bushcraft area in the vicinity of Glasgow airport.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
As a Dutchy I am searching for a nice Bushcraft area in the vicinity of Glasgow airport. Due to the cheap flights it is easy to get a flight from Amsterdam to Glasgow. But what are nice areas to go when you don’t have a car and have to depend on the public transportation system? Does anyone has any ideas let say in a 150miles radius?

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Do you mean Glasgow ( Prestwick) or Glasgow?? There are some superb locations here, depending on transport, and a strong group which meets up. So let us know which airport, it would be easy to pick you up. Also look at our meet at Loch Tay Crannog centre which is coming up soon.
George:)

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
I mean Glasgow... not Prestwick. I haven't got any transport so I will have to use the public transport. I am searching for a nice areas for solo camping. I have been a couple of times in Scotland but that was during my work with transport available. Now I want to go for a nice trip myself so that is why i am searching for nice places reachable with public transport.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Trouble is that Glasgow Aiport isn't in Glasgow. You'll have to get a bus into town(to Buchanan St station) and transfer to another bus.

Citylink route 915 Glasgow - Skye stops at the airport.
http://www.citylink.co.uk/images/timetables_online/October%2007/Gla2Sky.pdf
It would take you up past Loch Lomond but on the wrong side of the loch really.

You could change bus at Luss or Tarbet to head west or stay on it and carry on up to Glen Orchy or the likes.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
Ok Let say if I take the 916 service from Glasgow - Loch Lomond - Glencoe
What are nice places to stay?

Trouble is that Glasgow Aiport isn't in Glasgow. You'll have to get a bus into town(to Buchanan St station) and transfer to another bus.

Citylink route 915 Glasgow - Skye stops at the airport.
http://www.citylink.co.uk/images/timetables_online/October 07/Gla2Sky.pdf
It would take you up past Loch Lomond but on the wrong side of the loch really.

You could change bus at Luss or Tarbet to head west or stay on it and carry on up to Glen Orchy or the likes.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Ddokum,

I'm leaving for glasgow next sunday to go on a hike with a mate of mine. We'll be traveling from loch lomond to Fort william via the west highland way. It's supposed to be easy getting at loch lomond. We'll be back sunday the 4th of November. I don't know about any good spots, but if I find some ( and I probably will) I'll let you hear. It's funny seeing your post as I'm about to leave, having had the same idea that is's cheap getting there. I'm flying in to prestwick though. traveling up to glasgow and then off to loch lomond by train. I will be going to the haps bushcraft weekend the week after I get back and I thought you where going to. So if I have some idea's about a good spot or if I see some I can let you know then. In the meanwhile goodluck finding a nice one.

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE