Dutch Weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Guys and Girls of the Netherlands,

I'm in the process of organising a bushcraft/archery and traditional crafts weekend in my area, There is room for about 100 people. (including workshop givers)

I would like to gauge the interest before engaging to much of my time.

The event is likely to be early November there is room for a few hammocks but space is limited in the trees; tents, there are lots of places. There is the possibility of fishing from the shore and maybe corical building and use in the lake.

The camping site is in the middle of a forest where there are plenty of wild animals and flora to look for (or not ;) its November after all) I have already arranged Archery and Animal identification workshops more to come.

There is one sheltered fire site and a completely open fire site cooking can be done on these but no other fires allowed so stoves will be needed.
Please let me know if your interested..

Remember this is in the Netherlands ;)

Simon

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
The date is looking like it is going to be 14 - 15th November, I have had a number of interested parties..

I have confirmed an Animal/Flora presentation from the boswachten, I have also a confirmed traditional Archery workshop.

Still in the planning let me know if there is anything you would like to see..

There is likley to be a few 'car boot - shops' so bring your wallets ;)

Ill keep you posted

Simon

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
november, autumn, would it be posible to go searching for edible and/or lightable fungi? If a workshop about this would be possible , that 'd be great...

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
november, autumn, would it be posible to go searching for edible and/or lightable fungi? If a workshop about this would be possible , that 'd be great...

Stijn,

At the moment anything is possible ;).

I have confirmed some workshops so far:

- Workshop for animals and flora in the woodland (this is by the ranger)
- A blacksmith maybe two
- Cooking outdoors probably includes group cooking in someway over a fire of course
- Wild edibles and medicinal use of wild plants
- Animal tracking (I hope)
- Archery in the woods probably

And i'm open for other people to offer to do workshops of course we have two days to fill ;)

The date is set 14/15 November (you can arrive on Friday night), there is a small lake this can be used for shoreline fishing. There is a boat there but need to keep off the water as there are usually nesting swans! They can be really nasty if they go for you ;)

I also trying to arrange a night trek through the woods.

Let me know if you want to do a workshop ;)

Simon

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Just had the news that a traditional fish smoker will be coming along with his smoker ;) mmmm and there should be a 'slager' to yet to be confirmed..

Looks like its set to be an interesting weekend !! ;)

Simon

PS: Im away from my computer for two weeks so please if you mail me expect a delay I will answer all questions when I get back to the real world ;)

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
After working out the campsite costs and the indoor shelter for some workshops it's looking like about 30 euros per person for Saturday and Sunday, if you want to come Friday night as well then that is 35 euros. There maybe a small addition for certain workshops but this will be looked at later and depends on the workshop giver.

Entrance on Friday is not available after 22:00 as that's lights out on the camping ;)

There are basic toilets (self clean) and Showers (self clean).

Coffee and Tea will be available throughout the day Saturday and Sunday.

There is likley to be a group lunch on Sunday (soup and bread) but that depends on the numbers ;)

there is two fire places one off site and one onsite in the main area, this will be used mostly for tea coffee and warming up ;) the other is completly open and will probabaly be used for the open cooking and also for anybody to use for cooking although its suggested you bring a cooker as well in case!!

If you want to chill and do your own thing that's ok to there is plenty of forest to discover, there is also a lake (available to us to fish).

For people that volennteer to give a workshop I will provide a 'Full English', cooked breakfast Saturday morning. I may; depending on how good the workshops are. knock up one of my famous curries for the workshop givers.. saturday evening !!!!!

I have confirmed some workshops so far:

- Workshop for animals and flora in the woodland (this is by the ranger)
- A blacksmith
- Cooking outdoors probably includes group cooking in someway over a fire of course
- Wild edibles and medicinal use of wild plants
- Animal tracking (I hope)
- Archery in the woods probably
- Fishing

There will be 1 or two bushcrafty type shops on site also so bring your wallet..

If anybody wants to offer as a workshop giver and get a free breakfast, please let me know.

simon.quantrill@gmail.com or pm on this forum.

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Simon,

Just send you a mail. I'll be there and I'm tempted to get my hands on those free heinz beans in tomato sauce.....

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi Simon,

Just send you a mail. I'll be there and I'm tempted to get my hands on those free heinz beans in tomato sauce.....

hehehe all workshops welcome and of course the free english fry up is the carrot ;)

Anyhow I just had it confirmed that the fish smoker will be there to so there will be smoked fish available and he will probably make some sort of workshop to!!

I'm getting hungry already :)

Simon

PS: Not sure if we can catch 'n smoke I guess thats not what the beheer had in mind when he said we can fish :puppy_dog

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Where is it exactly, Simon?

Thats the secret and my first workshop ;)

No just kidding it's just below the weeribben in kuinrebos it is a natuurcamping site but it is prity much in the middle of the forest.

It has a large lake in the middle and is ideal for nature walks, it is fairly quite except in the winter with the orange lights ;) but it saves on battries in your head lamp!

I have been in meetings with the bosbeheeder and if this event is well turned out he wouldn't object to it being a regular venue, he is even providing a workshop or two himself!!.

I did have to give him my copy of bushcraft and bushcraft essentials as a sweetner though ;)

So I hope this will be a success

Nice if you can come to share in the fun..

Simon

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi Simon,

would like to come also and will be happy to give a workshop sharpeing knives and axes. with waterstones.
Can also talk about fishing and how to catch them with diy spears end traps.

I will take my shop also with me :D

Best regards,

Jan

Hopefully you got my dutch reply ;)

Yes please jan, glad to know you can make it workshops grateful and hope you like full english breakfast ;)

Shop shouldn't be to much of a problem there are others with shops coming also:

Peter is coming with his pots
Hueke is coming with his traditional archey
Hopefully ill get my act together to with my shop
if not ill bring some sell or trade items ;) I could introduce th idea of the good old english 'car boot sale' ;)

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE