Dutch canteen lid.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Hey,

I have two Dutch canteens (Thanks to walker!) and there is something on the lid that looks like you could attach some kind of straw or plug something in. Can anyone tell me some more and if it is a straw/something else can you still get them?

Thanks!
Asa.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Probably something to do with using the bottle under NBC/CBRN conditions. Allows the user to connect the bottle via a tube to a respirator.

That's off the cuff; can't say for sure without seeing.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Probably something to do with using the bottle under NBC/CBRN conditions. Allows the user to connect the bottle via a tube to a respirator.

That's off the cuff; can't say for sure without seeing.

That would be my guess too,
The NBC mask/respirator had a flexible tube wrapped around the speach element that connected to the top of the later model water bottles to allow the wearer to drink without having to remove the mask.
I seem to recall the tube inside the mask kept on poking up your nose :eek:

ATB

Ogri the trog

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
glad you like the canteens
the hole in the top is for the straw to fit into the canteen so you can drink from them while waring a gas mask probbaly s10 type

ghillieman

Dec 21, 2009
netherlands
Hey,

I have two Dutch canteens (Thanks to walker!) and there is something on the lid that looks like you could attach some kind of straw or plug something in. Can anyone tell me some more and if it is a straw/something else can you still get them?

Thanks!
Asa.

In the lid you can plug a tube to use in a chemical contaminated area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE