Dutch army one man Bivi shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I promised a little while ago to do a review of the dutch army bivi I bought.

As the weather was unusually hot for yorhkshire today I decided to go off for a dayhike and take the bivi to try out.

the bivi consists of a compressable stuff sack, pre-formed pole, and the bivi itself.

the pic with my hand in is of the back of the bivi; there are straps sown in that allow a roll mat to be slotted in giving the base of the bivi protection from being pierced and also insulation and added comfort for you.

the opening of the bivi is two separate zips in an L-shape thes both have large storm flaps with metal press studs to act as a secondary redundency if the zips fail you can still seal the unit.
there is also a section of mesh so the bivi can have ventilation without bugs getting in and annoying you.

the bivi I found to be an adequate fit but not as big as the British army version that has two pole sections. It fit me in fine with my daysack by my feet and I'm 5'11" and 15 stone.

the only negative I found with the bivi is the L-zips; if you put the bivi under too much tension when you close the zips small sections become undone, which is quite annoying. I don't know if mine is just dud or if this is a common problem with these dutch bivi's as it is the only one I have ever handled.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
mines for sale if anyone is interested?

shop around there are afew people selling them at the moment.
I know Premier surplus in swindon had 3 instock (£125 brand new)a month or so ago but he said he didn't know if he was getting anymore in after them depending on how well they sold.

Surplus and outdoors I have had dealings with in the past and their grading system is a little too generous when it comes to military surplus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE