Dutch 44 Mug v US Canteen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jonty

May 19, 2011
Highlands of Scotland
Gentlmen,

my first post here, so please be gentle. I have been a long term lurker and also practiced the tamer elements of bushcraft for the last 30 years - i.e. cooking over flames and with a wood burner:cool:

Right back on subject. I have purchased a dutch 44 pattern mug and water bottle as I couldn't afford the crusader set up or the US GI versions.

Can anybody explain what the difference is between the Dutch Mug and the GI Canteen?? I am trying to establish if this stove stand from the canteen shop would fit?? once funds allow:-

http://www.canteenshop.com/id31.html

many thanks, J

Yep dutch mugs have their own canteen. The US canteen I bought didn't fit the dutch mug (bottle a tad more belly to fit the mug).

The webtex filterbottle does fit though and my spoon keeps it from rattling. Still have a dutch canteen, eg use as warm water bottle.

The difference is not much, so a stove stand MIGHT fit, but to be honest I couldn't be bother with it. Friend of mine makes 'em every now and then and offered me one. If/when I use the mug and canteen only I use it with a fire so no need to carry tons of extra, unnecessary, lightweight gear ;-)

Just my two cents...

Grtz Johan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE