Dumyat Evening Walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Buzzards, badgers and hillrunners out on Dumyat (hill behind stirling) dry underfoot. Spotted the farmer with his cool NZ sendaway dog. Could not get my firesteel to light the cheapy Gelert fire blocks/hexamine tablets. Plenty of buzzards to see especially in Pendreich woods.

Great little hill to snatch a walk afer work a this time of year and see a sunset.

Nick

Trig point
PICT1262.jpg

Brogan
PICT1268.jpg

The Hillfoots, Grangemouth and Falkirk
PICT1263.jpg

Collecting Ticks
PICT1235.jpg

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Some years ago a friend of mine who lives in Stirling had a childrens book published. It was called Light on Dumyt. He worked for the Scotsman newspaper at the time and they thought it would be great fun to have the book Press launch on Dumyt. During the picture taking and interviews he slipped and banged his head. Next day his sympethetic journalist colleagues presented him with a 'doctored' copy of his book. The title now read 'Out like a light on Dumyt'!:lmao: :lmao:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Some years ago a friend of mine who lives in Stirling had a childrens book published. It was called Light on Dumyt. He worked for the Scotsman newspaper at the time and they thought it would be great fun to have the book Press launch on Dumyt. During the picture taking and interviews he slipped and banged his head. Next day his sympethetic journalist colleagues presented him with a 'doctored' copy of his book. The title now read 'Out like a light on Dumyt'!:lmao: :lmao:
Lol......
Cheers for the shots SCR, nice lab there....

Gailainne

Life Member
I've lived in the area for 45 years and still have'nt made it up Dumyat, one of these days.

The sherriff moor inn does a good pint, and some superb meals, well worth the trek.

If thats the lake I think it is, I had my 25th birthday party there...eh a few years back :rolleyes: well it started there, finished in "Alans bar" in Stirling, no longer exists.

Thats an excellent shot of the Valley, and the river, far enough away to miss out all the traffic jams, and road works, but keeps the ambience, and the light, nice one.

On the drive home tonight, the skys were clear, and although Stirling and the hillfoots roads were in shadow, the Ochills were still in full sunlight, with that crisp blue sky behind them, lovely stuff.

Regards

Stephen

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Cheers chaps. Spelling is weird as the locals call it -dum-eye-at.

The labs the parents, just dropped him off after a month of hols with me.

Some times from my school the Ochills look like Ayres Rock, the light turning them redish in Autumn and Winter.

Nick

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
How do you get to there mate? I spend most of my time in Grangemouth at the moment and have been looking for somewhere like that to walk the dog. :)

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
How do you get to there mate? I spend most of my time in Grangemouth at the moment and have been looking for somewhere like that to walk the dog. :)

Ok, hit the EM 9, come off at Bridge of Allan,go thru B of Allan, continue after and follow signs for Stirling Uni then look for 'SherrifMuir' signs, pass Beaconhurst School, on your left then after a mile or so you see a carpark on the right, sloping and a gate.

Next time I'm goin up after work I'll post.

Nick

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I can see my house from here too (well not really but it's sort of thata way!!) :D can't beat a good walk to clear the cobwebs!

PICT1263.jpg

Cheers,

Alan

PS Was it you I saw in a pug estate with a canoe on top filling up in the linlithgow jet station a month or two back?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE