Duluth/Frost River...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
I am thinking about ordering a pack from one or the other and was wondering can anyone tell me what the shipping charge is from the US to the UK and if there are any other nasty hidden charges?
I know Bision does packs but not the one I have my eye on.

Thanks guys.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I ordered from Duluthpack a Rambler rucksack, a bedroll, a leather journal and a thermos... once I get started... :lmao:

Anyway, the shipping was ok, I don't think it was too bad... around the $60USD mark... what annoyed me was that customs held it for ages before demanding a small fortune to release it... usually I don't negotiate with kitnappers but oh well.

The pack its self is quite lovely! very happy with it! The Frost River stuff is also VERY good. I got a backpack from www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk and it's got some nice touches such as padded straps and a nice loop and slot for an axe... it's also got a handy carry loop for when it's not on your back.

I like a few bits on my duluthpack like the small zipped pocket in the lid and zipped pocket on the back.

At this point though, If I had the choice, I'd drop the duty, shipping and long wait and just get the bison pack.

if you do, please tell Roger that Joe says Hi ;)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Squidders said:
Yeah, i'm really fond of mine and while a few zipped pockets would be nice, it's got a lot going for it. The quality is first rate!

Yes, a fine bit of kit indeed and one that looks even better with "badges"!

Cheers

Thorfinn

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
West Lothian
I too have just receaved a Bushcraft rucksack from roger and i say it's the best rucksack i own. really nice peace of workmanship. Would recomend it to anyone. the price is right i would say too, wish the missys thought that too :(

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Thanks for the info chaps – I just might order from Bison afterall, the cost of Vatman and postage is just to flippin expensive. :(

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
You might also want to check out Alder Stream Canvas . Janes stuff great quality and is reasonably priced. And she'll do custom work too. I have one of her no name packs which I love.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE