[Dublin] Lecture - The First Humans: ‘a very remote period indeed’

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Thursday 22 November, 7.30pm
Dublin - Trinity College Dublin, College Green
Professor Clive Gamble, FBA, FSA

(Very, very early human history by the way)

When and why did we become the only human species to populate the globe? This
lecture will reveal how the reappraisal of archaeological evidence in the last decade
has dramatically changed the picture of human evolution and show how such essentially
human traits as language, art and music first appeared.

Professor of Geography at Royal Holloway, University of London, Clive Gamble is a
leading authority on the archaeology of the earliest human societies and a frequent
contributor to national radio. He presented the six-part programme 'Where do we come
from?' on Channel 5. His archaeological career has taken him all over the world, and
won him many awards as well as international recognition.

Tickets (£5) online at: http://www.sal.org.uk/newsandevents/publiclectures/ - there are
other lectures in the future, in different places, that may also be of interest.

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
I bet this will be fascinating, are you going to go? I did my dissertation on the speciation which lead to our evolution and how that explains a lot of disease states today.

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
I just got a book by Richard Leakey from a charity shop today :)
I would have gone to the lecture if I was (a lot) nearer.

I bet this will be fascinating, are you going to go? I did my dissertation on the speciation which lead to our evolution and how that explains a lot of disease states today.

That sounds interesting

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE