Drink in a pack

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Blooming good idea! :D

i sort of do the same only home made and in 2"x3" ziplok bags then you also have somewhere to put your used tea bag!

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Looks good, but the price is a bit high, compared to making them with poly bags and a vacuum sealer, spoon of instant, spoon of sugar and spoon of powdered milk, just make as many as you think you will need and add a couple of spares.

I see another experiment coming up...

LS

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Neat idea but expensive.....get thee to the poundland; :D Nescafe 10 pack of cups you just add hot water to, £1, similarly Cadbury's drinking chocolate. Very lightweight and no fuss.
I hate all the plastic waste though :( so I bought fill my own, washable & reuseable tea bags. I make up coffee in them too and stow them in ziplock bags so that I don't get cofftea or choctea.

Cheers,
Toddy

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I have made my own - use old 35mm film containers spoon of coffe two spoons milk. Still like carnation evaperated milk in a tube same size as toothpaste last for ages and it sweetens - stop taking suger back in 1992 ish

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i use my wifes empty skin cream screw top containers

"superdrug vitamin-E face cream".

they are exactly the diameter of a round tea bag! :D and you can get about 20 teabags in it waterproof and crush proof!

i also have a few old Vitamin containers i'v used for about 15 years! inch wide screw lid 3" X 2" x 1.5" i have several:
sugar
milk
hot chocolate
salt
porridge(a small portion and an experiment!)

i reckon as long as it's decontaminated and washed well you can use pretty much any container.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
it may be of interest to you a system i worked out a few years ago:

it was for my diploma in outdoor activities, which involved 8 months on and off hiking/camping climbing etc.

after a couple of trials i came up with a recyclable, washing up free ration!
:D :D :D
i got the idea from a friend of mine who as a student hated washing up so covered his plates in cling film :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: long time ago! :rolleyes:

basically everything i used only required hot water.

pasta meals
custard and applepie
porridge
cake
fruit tea

first remove packaging and place in seperate (recyclable) freezer bags, you have the option of the pot cooking or in the bag which isn't as nice but when on a mountainside very handy!

if you can cvope with eating out of plastic bags the only thing you will have to wash is your spoon! many times i rested on my laurels whilst others had to try to wash pots or messtins in a cold stream!
P.s. fruit tea does not require milk Therefore you don't need to bring milk!

once eaten the used bags get stuffed in a "rubbish bag" till you get home you can then recycle or wash out for another time.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
One spoon of coffee? One? ONE?? :confused: :lmao:

Takes 4 or 5 for a Crusader cup (if you must drink that instant stuff )- yeuch. A light aluminium percolator and a small hand mill for the beans (its acceptable to take ground if out for less than a week ;) )

LS - you should know better than that - especially with me stumping around your site muttering about the coffee not being on, the birds being too loud and useless dreadlock wearing hippies who can't get a fire going properly so there are no coals for my coffee pot! :eek:

Red

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
ludlowsurvivors said:
Looks good, but the price is a bit high, compared to making them with poly bags and a vacuum sealer, spoon of instant, spoon of sugar and spoon of powdered milk, just make as many as you think you will need and add a couple of spares.

I see another experiment coming up...

LS

Just for Red... multiply number of packets carried by four, or get bigger bags so they hold more :lmao:

Also get some ear plugs so the birds don't sound so loud :beerchug:

LS

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dave,

Nah - LS has a couple of permanent shelters (yep with a woodburning stove in one) but I tent or bivvy it - I can be as unsocial as I like then ;)

It was fine most of the time - me and LS up early and he knows not to speak till the first mug of black stuff was inside me. Last day we had a late arrival who remembered I love Caol Ila and brought a bottle along. I sure hope someone else had some - cos 3/4 went :eek: . Mind you I had brought 18 bottles of home made wine & port that kept the rest of the meet happy for a few days.

Got up later and thought - somone will ahve the fire well going by now. Nope - one sad little pile of smoulder. Had a thick head - must have been a dirty glass ;) . So- had to chop wood. Splinters flying everywhere as I hacked enough wood to boil a pot of medical necessity. Curious how people made room for the grumpy bloke with the axe :confused: :D

Red

troyka

Forager
Shambling Shaman said:
Got some of these - work well cut a lot of weight out as I normaly cary a small contaner of coffee and whitner works out at about 29p each. And unlike my coffee jar as you use these you crush them to nothing so less space/weight.
ust thought I would share.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Drinkmaster-Ltd

ive seen thease and similar in bookers cash and carry, dont remember how much there were though. but i have always used film containers foer emergency instant, but i take coffee grounds and a tiny stove top italian coffee maker,
i dont mind carrying extra for a quality mug of cofee

baby milk action ----- the reason not to drink nestle --- http://www.babymilkaction.org/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE