Drilling a Mora knife handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Togger

Dec 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Okay, so this morning my new Mora bushcraft knife arrived, the one one with the black & green rubberised handle in a plastic sheath. I've gone for the carbon blade. I am thinking of drilling a hole to attach a lanyard. Has anyone drilled through the top of the handle of one so as to attach a lanyard and do they know if the Mora has a full length tang?

Is there a better way to attach a lanyard?

Regards

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Okay, so this morning my new Mora bushcraft knife arrived, the one one with the black & green rubberised handle in a plastic sheath. I've gone for the carbon blade. I am thinking of drilling a hole to attach a lanyard. Has anyone drilled through the top of the handle of one so as to attach a lanyard and do they know if the Mora has a full length tang?

Is there a better way to attach a nanyard?

Regards

xray of the Frosts handles on Old jimbo's site

clipper is the second one down

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Yep works

CIMG3821.jpg

Togger

Dec 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Yep, just done mine also and added some paracord, plaited to the size as a wrist loop, and when undone to wear around the neck. When worn around the neck I hink i'll loop one side around the sheath clip just in case it comes loose, it's a pretty sharp piece of kit!

Togger

Togger

Dec 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Why attach a lanyard?
I find it gets in the way, and if I drop it i'd rather not have a knife swinging around my legs on a bit of string.

Mainly for security. It helps to keep it secured to the sheath when attached to a belt, allows it to be worn around the neck, this concealed, when on scout camps, (i'm a scout leader), and in the wrist strap mode, you don't drop it!!

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
Mainly for security. It helps to keep it secured to the sheath when attached to a belt, allows it to be worn around the neck, this concealed, when on scout camps, (i'm a scout leader), and in the wrist strap mode, you don't drop it!!

I don't get the carrying round the neck point. surely with the lanyard attached to the knife, the only way to use it would be to unsling the entire assembly (knife, lanyard and sheath) from around your neck. you could get the same effect by having a loop of cord, and clipping the sheath to the cord (and then you would be able to draw the knife without the whole thing needing to be taken off. (I understand why you would want to conceal it though, I tend to carry mine in a "shoulder holster" when I go on scout camp, then wear it under a jacket, this system holds the knife inverted (I did have to mod the sheath a little, using some electricians tape to create friction))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE