Dremel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
As I have access to quite a bit of machinery I have a hard time going back to using a dremel. I think the tools wear out too fast, and that it lacks precision. I prefer a real mill, a real angle grinder, or a real band saw :D

I do however have something in the line of dremel, and that accepts dremel tools (although I prefer other brands of tools, which have a LOT higher quality). It's a motor with a flexible shaft with a handpiece that accepts 2.8-3.2 mm tool shafts. The brand is Faro. I suspect it's a quite a jump in price range though. Isn't there a flexible shaft available for dremel? I think that is a great improvement. No unnecessary weight in your hands, less vibrations, better hold etc. You dremel owners should try it.

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
Just been into Aldi (Sat 28 Feb 09) and got a Power Craft , Dremel copy for £ 14.58. As has been already said it's come with plenty of accessories, including the flexy extention.

I know that the quality is not going to compare with then genuine Dremel , but for that much it's worth a go. If it proves to be one of those 'How have managed without it tools' then I can up grade later on; if it's an odd job ,once in a while gadget then it will suffice at that price.

As I say they were in my local Aldi today.

ATB Smokoe

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
Just been into Aldi (Sat 28 Feb 09) and got a Power Craft , Dremel copy for £ 14.58. As has been already said it's come with plenty of accessories, including the flexy extention.

I know that the quality is not going to compare with then genuine Dremel , but for that much it's worth a go. If it proves to be one of those 'How have managed without it tools' then I can up grade later on; if it's an odd job ,once in a while gadget then it will suffice at that price.

As I say they were in my local Aldi today.

ATB Smokoe

that was alot then from aldi, got mine on the 20th, same one, power craft for 10.63 its pretty good, tho the cutting blades are a bit weak, broke three making my hobo stove and meth burner lol:lmao:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
that was alot then from aldi, got mine on the 20th, same one, power craft for 10.63 its pretty good, tho the cutting blades are a bit weak, broke three making my hobo stove and meth burner lol:lmao:

The bits pack I got for a dremel had a small tub of cutting discs, it had about 20 discs in it. I don't know if I was using the wrong bit for the job but I broke 4 of them cutting a piece of aluminum tubing in half. Just because something is from aldi or it is cheap doesn't nesscerly mean that it automatically is going to be rubbish.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
i never said they were rubbish, also i got a felling axe from aldi, but a month ago, for about the same price

Don't get me wrong, It is just some poeple will dismiss stuff from a budget supermarket when it is very good value for money. I got a tent from lidls 2 years ago for less than a tenner and it is still going strong and it has alot of use, so for the money it was really good buy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE