Dreaded Lurgy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not sure whether this is just our local area... but everyone seems to be ill.

Caught my wife on Boxing Day... she was off her feet for two days... aching muscles and just wanted to sleep non-stop. Right after that it got my youngest lad... high temperature, coughing, headaches... then my daughter... then me. By the time it reached me, I lost an entire day... I just didn't get up at all. I don't mean I didn't get up to do things, I mean I slept straight through. I'm 3 weeks behind with work already this year, and we're not even at the end of the 3rd week! :rolleyes:

Since then we've all had heavy chests, we've all had high temperatures... the only one completely uneffected is my eldest lad who seems to be immune to whatever it is.

When the kids have been fit enough for school, they've gone in, but the parents at the school are saying they've had a similar thing.

Not had anything this bad or long lasting since 2010... anyone else had anything similar, or are they putting something in our water round these parts?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nope. Son2 went down with what sounds like the same thing before Christmas and Son1 picked it up in the same office before New Year.

I'm incredibly grateful I seem to have avoided it. I was at a funeral this morning though and my next door neighbour was in the throes of it :sigh:

Not funny. Get well soon :)

M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just in recovery from my bout of it. Fuzzy head, couldn't think straight, blocked nose, headache, just wanted to sleep. Cold most of the time, then suddenly too hot. Bouts of the shakes. Then the digestive system went kaput too. Half a week off work, and compared to work colleagues I got away very lightly indeed. Our open plan office has a germ distribution system called air-con :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Funnily enough so does the office Son2 works in where his brother comes in to troubleshoot.

I'm not sure air conditioning's all that healthy really.

I hope you're on the mend asap Mike.

M

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Just in recovery from my bout of it. Fuzzy head, couldn't think straight, blocked nose, headache, just wanted to sleep. Cold most of the time, then suddenly too hot. Bouts of the shakes. Then the digestive system went kaput too. Half a week off work, and compared to work colleagues I got away very lightly indeed. Our open plan office has a germ distribution system called air-con :(

Yep... thats the one... the hot and cold thing is a real pain in the backside. I was checking my wife was still breathing at one point because she was visibly shaking, then sweating and shallow breathing... then nothing at all.

And the digestive thingy has made me realise that a house of five needs more than one bathroom... so new project for this year. Install a couple more bathrooms.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE