Dove stones

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Todays brew/dinner spot Dove stones(see Boulsworth hill thread for map).
1DinnerattheDovestone.jpg

I saved myself 1200 feet of uphill, by parking at the top of Thursden valley and walking in along the old oil prospecting road which is now like a green bridal way.With only the last 1/2 mile over the moor.
looking back to the oil prospecting road
3lookingback.jpg

looking up to Dove stones
4trackin.jpg

At the stones
7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Dinner was last nights home made chilli and rice with home grown chillies Jalapeno and Apache in an oven roasting bag in 500ml of water in the crusader cooker,the lid was cut from a poundland foil serving dish with a cross cut in the top and the tabs bent up to hold the roasting bag, fuel was x2 Gelert solid fuel tabs(millets sell off) to bring to boil and an extra one to heat up the chilli then made a brew with the water and ate the chilli out of the bag with the sides rolled over the crusader plastic cup - no washing up
and finished off with home made bread using Canadian wholewheat and a handfull of yellow sultanas.
2packbrewcrusher.jpg

Looking north the boulder on the horizon is where I had yesterdays brew
north.jpg

Looking south
south.jpg

Looking east
east.jpg

Looking west the green diagonal stripe is the prospecting road coming in
west.jpg

With daylight going I set off back after an enjoyable day out
daylightgoing.jpg

cheers all Danny

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Very nice indeed. Your thread and pics are the exact reason I've been gathering gear like an addict. Although I do good camping, I need more of those 'great outdoors' moments. I've got myself a half decent tent, sleeping bag, mat, cooker, pots etc, but don't seem to get much beyond hammocking in the local forest, or tucked in a valley amongst the South Downs.

A little bit of planning and a lack of excuses from myself and companion(s) is all that's needed to experience those amazing landscapes.

Thanks for the inspiration.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE