Dorset seafood festival

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Anyone going to the Dorset seafood festival in Weymouth this weekend? http://www.dorsetseafood.co.uk/
I'll be there stuffing my fat grid with all manner of fishy stuff and also wetting a line and partaking in a few beers :beerchug:
I may even give Portland ledges a go for fishing, just lob a float from the pier, or bash a few feathers for mackerel from Chesil beach.
If anyones going and fancies a beer or some fishing give me a shout by PM. I'l be leaving at about 3pm on friday so won't be checking websites after that. :D Highly looking forward to it.
Oh! and as is the tradition with fishermen, I know a good spot for bass which I'm not going to tell you..............unless you buy me a pint or 2. :)
Anyway best wishes for the weekend whatever you're doing. :red:
Not looking forward to it...........Much. Can't you tell :drive: :beerchug: :red: :D :)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'll be visiting my nephew for a few days starting this weekend but won't be leaving here till Sunday morning on my bike, he lives in Somerset and I'll be having a bash at the fishing down there, takin' a couple of travel rods with me. Done Chesil a few times, love it.

I love Weymouth too, can't yer tell them I'm coming down and get them to stretch the festival another two days? I promise I won't rob anything just this once.
icon10.gif

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I'll be visiting my nephew for a few days starting this weekend but won't be leaving here till Sunday morning on my bike, he lives in Somerset and I'll be having a bash at the fishing down there, takin' a couple of travel rods with me. Done Chesil a few times, love it.

I love Weymouth too, can't yer tell them I'm coming down and get them to stretch the festival another two days? I promise I won't rob anything just this once.
icon10.gif

Do you mean motorbike or bicycle? that's a long cycle ride from Liverpool :eek:
Yes I've fished Chesil lots of times and I really like Portland ledges nr the Bill and lighthouse. Excellent for wrasse there I've had a few whoppers. I expect the usual summer suspects wll be about in numbers by now. Mackerel, garfish, bass, pollock :red: :D
I love fishing and can quite happily spend an entire day doing it. It's just great being by the sea and watching the wildlife. I saw a pod of dolphins off Ilfracombe a few weeks ago while I was fishing. I wondered why I wasn't catching anything :theyareon :confused:
Hope you have a good time while you're down south.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Great weekend just got back.
I really enjoyed the seafood festival. I ate paella, jellied eels, the biggest oyster I've ever seen, and that was just for brunch.
There was a very good demo by John Wright on cooking foraged seashore goodies and I bought his book which is very good, and very funny. (i'll post a link in the media section)
I went fishing on Saturday evening and caught 8 pollock (all returned as they were a fair size from the shore but they grow very big so gave them a chance and put them back)
I also caught a 2lb Allis shad which is a very unusual and protected fish. In fact I've fished since I was a kid and never caught one before. :rolleyes:
Great weekend. :drive: :drive: :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE