Don't buy Regatta Outdoors

Severeuil

Sep 22, 2014
France, Alpes
.. i'm sad because i just receive a Regatta Outdoors Survivor 45... This is sooo poor finished... seams are ridiculously made compared to a simple quechua (20$) .
The main tissue seems strong, but seams may crack at any time (those at the top of the bag) .

If any of you know a simple backpack of 40-45L whitout speed-acess (zip) let me know pleeease.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Hopefully just a one off. I've used the cheap regatta softshell jackets for a few years now at work and they've always been fine. Their stash-away waterproofs are good for the money too.

Hope it gets sorted. Have a look at the berghaus centrino for a quality daysack, its about 45L.

Tonyuk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have some regatta kit too. It's easy on the budget and it lasts surprisingly well :)
My latest foraging bag is one of their cross body things, it even has waterproof zips :D

Thing is though you just don't know where the different pieces are made, or from what. You have had a disappointment with one bit of kit, that doesn't mean the entire range is unsound.

I'm in agreement with Tony; I'd send it back or at least compose a complaint, with photographs, to the company.

M

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
.. i'm sad because i just receive a Regatta Outdoors Survivor 45... This is sooo poor finished... seams are ridiculously made compared to a simple quechua (20$) .
The main tissue seems strong, but seams may crack at any time (those at the top of the bag) .

If any of you know a simple backpack of 40-45L whitout speed-acess (zip) let me know pleeease.

It's a bit harsh using a forum to damn a whole company just because one piece of kit does not meet expectations especially if you have not given the retailer you bought it from or Reg@tta's customer service team the chance to put things right.

FWIW I have had no complaints about the odd bits of Reg@tta kit that I've had - its towards the no frills end of the market but generally functional and very good value.

I see you are in France and it is not clear whether you bought the bag from the UK but in the UK and all EU countries there are pretty robust consumer rights requiring retailers/manufacturers to put things right if goods are defective and if you bought the pack over the internet then there are absolute rights to return goods whether defective or not within (generally) 14 days from the date of delivery so just send the pack back. In the UK there are plenty of official and unofficial websites offering consumer advice and I assume that there will be similar resources in France.

Not sure what your budget is or intended use but after a recommendation from another member of this forum I'm a recent convert to the Exped Lightning 45 a lightweight pack with a roll top closure which comes with a five year guarantee. Exped are a Swiss company so probably have a distributor in France.

https://www.webtogs.com/en-UK/Exped-Lightning-45L-Mens-Backpack/32291wmp.htm?colour=Black

For discussion on the merits of the Exped Lightning and other mid sized packs, see this thread;

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137210&p=1714671#post1714671

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
My mom has a regatta piece of junk, the material on the arm straps is stretching away from the stitching very badly. Very snazzy but no good at all.

My reccomendations would be

http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/day/878-trail-45.html

Or

http://www.karrimor.com/karrimor-jura-35-rucksack-792081?colcode=79208103

Regatta make good clothes, but every company seems to wish to branch out these days, as is seem in karrimors massive catalogue of stuff,

The survivor 2 seems to be favourable

http://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/Regatta-Survivor-II-Rucksack-45-Litre-sku54107001.asp

Last edited:

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
With a mass producing company your always going to get a few faulty bits that slip through the net.

Ive always found Regatta products decent quality for the price, even more so in recent years - I have had a pair of their walking trousers for about 5 years now. By the same token I had a very expensive Lowepro bag that fell apart in about 3 weeks.

However, when the bag failed I didn't take to social media to broadsword the entire company as sh!t, but contacted the manufacturer who replaced it by return.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
It is what it is. You won't find cheaper than Regatta. It is one of the brands I recommend to the parents of Bronze DoEers as it won't break the bank if the kids discover they hate all this outdoor business. If they like it then they can move up market. Perhaps not for "long term use in extreme conditions" but fine for a stroll in the Cotswolds and an overnighter in a campsite.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
It is what it is. You won't find cheaper than Regatta. It is one of the brands I recommend to the parents of Bronze DoEers as it won't break the bank if the kids discover they hate all this outdoor business. If they like it then they can move up market. Perhaps not for "long term use in extreme conditions" but fine for a stroll in the Cotswolds and an overnighter in a campsite.

Totally agree - its probably better for its price point than stuff from Mountain Warehouse, and no worse than Peter Storm, etc. Its fine for my kids, and I have a pair of their waterproof trousers that I have had for years and its lasted well. In fact one of the best pairs of gloves I've used was a pair of Regatta ones, bought for a fiver from the York outlet.

I suspect the OP has been unlucky in getting a product that isn't quite up to snuff, but I suspect that Regatta wouldn't have a problem if it was a return. However, to be fair, if your paying possibly less than £25 for a 45l rucksack, I wouldn't expect a huge amount from it. Spending double that amount would get a decent solid 45l sack, and at £100, you have some very good choices. You still, to a large extent, get what you pay for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE